Saturday, November 24, 2012

The Most Ridiculous Thing

I bought a new nightlight for our master bathroom outlet.  It's LED but too bright at night for our dainty eyelids (can't sleep with a light on anywhere syndrome )

So I started to work in an organic way to make a cozy for my nightlight.


I cut 1 inch wide strips from two fat quarters.  Then resewed them together to make a grid.  The result was four tiny squares by 9 tiny squares.  I cut a piece of white fabric and lined it by sewing the two long sides.


Taking two smaller rectangles for the back part... sandwiching in the checkerboard part...


The very top (upper right in photo) is open raw edges.  Then I made a lid if you can believe it.  Sort of shell shaped as this is my bathroom...

I turned it and made some shell like hand quilting lines on the lid.  Then I attached the raw edges with a small seam and topstitched it down.


Here it is in situ.  After one night we love it.  It is just the right amount of darkness and easily removed for more serious business.

1 comment:

  1. This is pretty ridiculous. I'm not going to say most, but maybe in the top 10.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for dropping by, and for dropping me a line.