Tuesday, September 6, 2016

Mad Hatter Hat

We have a cute little car 'with no roof' as the grandkids say and for someone like me with shoulder length hair that is a problem.  Any speed over 60km/hr requires a hat.  The sun can also be a problem as I don't have prescription sunnies.  Here is my latest solution...

Red fabric + stiffish interfacing

                                     Equals =

I didn't take a picture of it on but believe me, it looks a bit like the Mad Hatter...

Sunday, August 21, 2016

Alphabet, done

Here is a bit of a peek at the alphabet quilt I was inspired to design.  It is finally done.  I quilted it with wavey lines horizontally and am happy with the result.  I didn't want to take away from the alphabet-y ness.

Tuesday, August 16, 2016

and Buggy Stars is done too.

It is surprising how much can get down when you just sit down and start the process.

Lots of hemming and hawing about the borders and the quilting itself so I just did straight lines - mainly stitch in the ditch.

Wednesday, August 10, 2016

Wheel Around Quilt Finish

So lots of determination to reduce the pile of quilt tops waiting for the quilting process resulted in this.

Friday, July 29, 2016

A Summer Dress

This time I tried a Butterick dress pattern 6351.  This one I cut out on a 12/14 size according to my measurements.

 It was pretty tricky as the back of the bodice overlaps...

But all is well that ends well...

Monday, July 25, 2016

The Regia Socks

So the socks are done.  It has been a while since I made ones with such a long cuff. I imagine I will wear them turned down...