Wednesday, November 28, 2012

Neck Warmer

Yesterday, I got a notion that I needed desperately, a neck warmer.  You know the kind with rice inside.  The kind you can heat in the microwave.  I've seen many that are essentially rectangles filled with rice or wheat or something.

Mine of course must be different.  After my visit with the physio this a couple of days ago, I realized that my neck warmer needed to extend over my shoulders and upper back too.  I was picturing it to be BIG.


So I started with some fabric and got busy with the scissors.



Next I started filling controlled sections with rice.  I found that less is more especially when trying to leave space to sew around.  But then the piece de resistance was a neat little stand up collar.


Then came the flannelette cover.  I just used the same pattern as the rice pack and added some velcro on the back of the neck so the two layers would stay together.  The real test came after putting it in the microwave for a minute.  
Ahhhhh,... 

2 comments:

  1. so happy it worked . . . now for everyone else who wants one . . . her's hopin . . . just sayin
    I'll expect one on the next 'family vaycay'

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for dropping by, and for dropping me a line.