Thursday, January 30, 2014

Ipad Stand with Bean bag

I found a pattern for an ipad stand tutorial that appealed to me but it was fairly large so I modified the pattern.  I cut my pretty fabric 14 1/2" by 10 1/2"


Then I found some cardboard from a discarded game, cut out the size it printed at which was smaller than she used in her larger version. The cardboard was 6 3/4 across the wide end and 3 1/2 on the top.

Then using my cardboard as a pattern I cut some muslin( folded on the wide end) about 1/2 inch bigger all around and made it into a bean bag.



It looks lumpy because I used Lima beans (not too popular in my house so a good way to recycle them)

Then I folded the pretty fabric as in the tutoial.  As my fabric was directional, I made sure I sewed across the owls heads and left the end with their feet open.


I'm not saying what the stitch ripper was there for.... :(

It all went together beautifully, the button was sewn into place...



The big Ta-da.  Thank you TeresaDownUnder

ps. I also saw this on youtube for a cheap travel friendly one.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for dropping by, and for dropping me a line.