Wednesday, January 15, 2014

Small Duffle bag Christmas Project

My DD asked me to make three of her kids small travel duffels for Christmas.  She wanted them to be similar to ones I made for her and her siblings in the 90's.  I am posting this now that she has them.



I made the carcass using regular quilting fabric with a heavy iron-on interfacing and a lining fabric.  Then I stitched and serged the three layers together.  The pieces could be handled more easily.  She requested a double zipper on each side of a long tongue.



The bag has side pieces that are cut 22" by 13".  The Tongue is cut 3" by 44" then interfaced the whole length and doubled over stitching the zippers on either side.

I traced the end ovals and then topstitched all layers together.


Finally, the end product...



1 comment:

Thanks for dropping by, and for dropping me a line.