Wednesday, January 29, 2014

Delightful Stars Quilt-a-long

I couldn't resist this quilt-a-long with Michelle Foster over at the Quilting Gallery.  The quilt is called Delightful Stars and I got started a couple of weeks ago reading up on her suggestions and video links of ways to improve my accuracy and techniques.

First Block, block 18, Delightful stars


Here's the first block.  I am very pleased.  Although I understand the principles and usually have no troubles with my piecing, Michelle encourages me to be more.  Accurate and precise, that is. This block is amazing if I do say so myself.  Maybe the use of spray starch (Mary Ellen's ) was the key.

green, yellow, quilt block, block 18

I will also point out that as with all my piecing, I press my seams open.  Look at how flat the centre of the pinwheel.  I agree that there are times when pressed to the side is better but I rarely do it.  Here's an article by Marby Benson that says it all.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for dropping by, and for dropping me a line.