Sunday, February 14, 2016

The Kitchen Chairs

My husband is a whiz in the wood shop and he has been working on more chairs
He received the birch for these chairs from my father who had harvested the birch trees from near the edge of Riding Mountain National Park, Manitoba in the late 1940s. Well cured when he got the wood in the late 1980s and now getting new life in my kitchen.
poplar chairs made by hand

Amazing, huh?  My DH just goes at it. We had some cushions cut at Future Foam. Then, my dear friend Marilyn gifted me with some of her fabric stash and the most perfect leafy seat cushions were born.


Stunning, huh?

2 comments:

  1. Beautiful! Hmmm, I wonder if Nick could be persuaded to take up woodworking...lol.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It took him a while but you know slow and steady wins...Just wait till you see the dining room ones though....

      Delete

Thanks for dropping by, and for dropping me a line.