Friday, December 19, 2014

Plate Pockets

I am lucky enough to have two sets of dishes.  One for summer and one for winter.  The ones in storage are always in danger -- yes real danger of being chipped,  dropped or just messed up with the usual dust issues.  I started thinking I would look for a pattern for some sort of cover up for them....

Then I just decided to design it myself.  Leftovers from other projects and bits of batting....



I also wanted to experiment with invisible zippers as I had just seen a sewing show on TV about putting them in with your regular sewing foot.

TaDaaa...



I am really happy with the plate ones.  I wonder if I can manage to make some for soup bowls and saucers.

2 comments:

  1. Your plate pockets look great; such a clever idea. I am sure that you can manage to make anything!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Wow, thanks. I need you on my shoulder when I decide to start a new project.... ;)

      Delete

Thanks for dropping by, and for dropping me a line.