Tuesday, November 11, 2014

A new riff on Mollie's Spring Embroidery Hexies

I have been away but busy.  I continue to work on the spring hexie embroidery designs I downloaded for free from Wild Olive's wonderful, generous blog.

I made the flower rings as Mollie suggested but then I thought I would applique the flower rings on to a larger hexagon


I used the tried and true newspaper and made my own templates  for the hexagons.



Soon I had a dozen done...


So pretty.  I am not sure where this is going....stay tuned.

2 comments:

  1. Your hexies are lovely, Heather. What an inspired thought to applique the flower rings onto a larger hexie!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much for your encouraging comments, Kim. I really appreciate you stopping by.

      Delete

Thanks for dropping by, and for dropping me a line.