Monday, October 14, 2013

New Hat Love

We spend some of our time on the weekend driving in a cute little car with no roof. My hair of course suffers some.  Not just from the breeze but my head is sometimes cold... OK, it's fall here and the daytime highs haven't been above 10C for a week (or maybe more...)

Anyhooo, I undertook to make the Wanderer hat from Weekend Hats: 25 Knitted Caps, Berets, Cloches.  It is really pleasing how it turned out.

knitted beret, blue beret, tasselled beret


I thought it would be too small for my big head.  You see mine measures at 23inches in diameter.

blue beret, knitted hat, wanderer cap


So I undertook to make the hat a tiny bit larger by adding in six extra stitches (as the decrease on the crown was in six places)  My machinations worked and but the hat is more like a beret.  I love it tho.

The details are:
     Wanderer Cap
     1- 100 gm (192m ) ball Patons Classic Wool Worsted (4)
     colour: new denim

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for dropping by, and for dropping me a line.