Wednesday, February 27, 2013

Slip Covers DONE

Yeah, me.  I am happy to report that with lots of encouragement from my dear sister - ok, she's in Texas and not actually here (so I couldn't actually see the finger wagging) - I have finished. Taa daa.


gold, slip cover, recovering,
I was right tho, the carcass cover was by far the hardest.  But I think worth the effort.

gold, slip cover, reupholster, recover, redo
As you can see it works great as my prime reading spot.  This is the first time I have done the cover with the wooden legs exposed.  My poor old Henredon couch is now showing its ankles....

4 comments:

  1. Woo Hoo!! Looking good sister . . . does that mean you are expecting me to visit?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Of course... every day I put out the tea set in hopes of you showing at my door...;)

      Thanks for the pokes.

      Delete
  2. Your couch slip covers look really good. I wish I do slip covers on my couch. The back of my couch has those attached poofy pillows that are now sagging have 15+ years of use. I hate to get rid of the couch because it is really well made and anything new we bought would fall apart in five years or less. Maybe one day I will find someone who still does upholstering. I might try it myself but I'm afraid it would be a fiasco.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, I think I chose the couch way back with the slip cover idea in mind. It had the craziest fabric. Pale blue with huge swirly flowers in red, purple, and gold I think. The carcass is still upholstered with it but I try not to look when it's uncovered....whew! Attached pillows would be very tricky unless you went for a looser look and made a cover that went over them and the carcass. Then maybe the seat cushions would hold it all in place....

      Delete

Thanks for dropping by, and for dropping me a line.