Monday, February 25, 2013

More Slip Covers

Are you sick of hearing about this project??  I nearly am.  I'm down to the worst part.  That is covering the carcass of the couch itself.  It never seems to go that well... But here is the start...

napped gold fabric, couch, slip covers, patterns

First cutting all the pieces, making sure the nap runs the right way on both sides.

These old cut up sheets make a wonderful pattern.  I made them probably 20 years ago by just pinning the sheet on the original upholstery and marking it up with a sharpy marker.  My husband and I were reminiscing last night about the different colours this couch has been.  We think this is the 5th time I have done this.

Oh, well, should be done soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for dropping by, and for dropping me a line.