Wednesday, July 13, 2016

Star Pincushion

As usual, I spend more time looking at what others are up to, and I sometimes wonder when I will have time to sew myself.  The couch is comfy and the coffee soothing...

Anyhow, I saw this clever pincushion made from 15 equal sized squares sewn together.  First I cut the squares 1 1/4" on a side.  Then I sewed y-seams to join 5 squares into a star shape.  Then I made another star shape and the last five squares became the vertical edges joining the two 'star' pieces...


Isn't that cute?  Above I laid the pincushion on my latest drawing...and below I laid it on my latest library book...which is super interesting by the way.


Here it is posing with my driving top down hat....that I made a while ago to fit my extra large noggin... LOL

2 comments:

  1. Lucky pincushion getting to pose with so many beautiful things. I really like the unique star pattern. What did you fill the pincushion with?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks so much, it is stuffed with fibrefill. It was a bit fussy to get into the points, but worth the effort

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for dropping by, and for dropping me a line.