Thursday, April 9, 2015

Re - Quilting

I had made my eldest son an orange star quilt when he was in grade mmmm, 11 I think, in 2000.  It was my one and only time using an invisible thread for the quilting.  It turned out to be awful mainly because over time it grew a terrible beard of see through threads...

I took it back into my care after Christmas and began doctoring it.  There was enough intact thread to act as basting so I ran a line of quilting with cotton thread on either side of the original diagonal lines in one direction.



It was a bit troublesome but I wrestled it into submission.


Considering the fabric is 15 years old the quilt is hanging in there pretty well.  I did not find any other problems other than normal wear.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for dropping by, and for dropping me a line.