Monday, June 16, 2014

Flying Geese Help

I love the look of flying geese but I almost always have trouble keeping them square.  So while I was trying for accuracy in the Delightful Star Quilt Along I discovered an easy system for getting some good results.

First I cut the triangles out as the chart suggested.
Then I sewed the first side triangle to the centre goose.



Then I got out a right triangle ruler and lined it up so the angled seam ran down a series of crossroads ...


Next I trimmed the narrow strip that was exposed so now the goose is square again. Then I sewed on the other side triangle...

Voila, perfect...


It seems pretty simple but the result was amazing...


I love it when it all comes together. This block is for the Delightful Star Quilt a long

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for dropping by, and for dropping me a line.