Thursday, May 2, 2013

Getting my blue circle quilt off the design board

I think I started the blue circle quilt a long time ago but I had it on the design wall last year in the hopes of getting it done for Christmas but I finally took it off the design wall with some good idea of what I will quilt on it.

I think it will be a couple of traditional but skewed designs....
But I am getting ahead of myself - first I pieces some quilt batt.



I just butt the edges together as best I can and use the wavey zigzag on my machine although I am sure a regular zigzag would work too.  It helps if I use the rotary cutter to straighten the edges.


Then I spring for the 505 spray basting.  I get mine at Fabricland.  It's made in France - who knew but is waaay better than the Fabricland brand.  I used the Fabricland (Unique I think ) brand for the Row Along quilt.  It worked but it wasn't as stable as this stuff - and it stunk more.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for dropping by, and for dropping me a line.