Wednesday, March 27, 2013

iPad cover

New iPad in my life.  It must be covered...

So I used this Jinny Beyer fabric I have been saving.  Worked like a charm, I just made sure the tablet is snug inside there and the friction fit does not require a flap or button closure.  Sweet deal.

simple iPad cover, blue, stripe, no closure

no-fuss ipad cover, blue, jinny beyer
I made it in the same fashion as the reader covers.  I use the super heavy 2mm thick interfacing that is fusible on both sides.  Then I sew two pieces of fabric together on the long edge and fuse them to the interfacing making sure a bit of the lining shows on the outside.  I just straight stitch the two sides closed making the fit tighter and tighter until the tablet slides out but doesn't fall out.  Finally I zigzagged very narrowly along the same two edges.  Slick!

It has gotten me a few compliments and my DH thinks he will make me a nice wooden stand for all the hard core video watching....

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for dropping by, and for dropping me a line.