Sunday, September 9, 2012

The Little Apron Project

apron
Is this a cute apron or what?  So practical.  My cousin Melanie gave this to me as a challenge to produce a couple of special aprons for two little girls.  This is one she had and liked so I wrote down the recipe.

green blue owls fabric for aprons
This very same cousin took me on an extended shopping trip across the border last month and we got these sweet fabrics.  I am not sure how they will go together but...
Let's see, my DD says that the solid is too strong a contrast...
Melanie says it might be more girly without the solid....

What do you think??

5 comments:

  1. No, I like the solid. I thought it was too busy with the two patterns together.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh, I see, Melanie and I originally thought the two patterns could be interchanged on the aprons. You know like bib in the little feathers and skirt in the owls on one and the opposite on the other....

      Delete
  2. Hard to tell if the colors match on the computer but if 'Our Girl' thinks they look ok together i'd go for it!!
    Where will you use the solid?

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm thinking that maybe the green could just be a bit of piping on the pocket and maybe the waistband...

    ReplyDelete
  4. sounds like a good idea . . . can't wait to see a pic of the finished aprons.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for dropping by, and for dropping me a line.