Monday, April 30, 2012

Engineered Quilt by request

My sister says that I didn't blog about this engineered quilt.  So here goes.  I started out by making a nine-patch block tutorial for my mom's quilting group.  When my DH saw it the engineer brain kicked in and he suggested I do more blocks with more cuts....so I started with 5 in squares of fabric.

With his suggestions that sixteen square block was recut into a nine patch.  Then I manipulated the squares by just spinning them in their places.  Interesting...


I finished it by machine quilting each 17 1/2" block separately and then joining them with a 1/2" wide sashing hand finished on the back.  This was finished in January of 2011 so sort of old news but apparently I hadn't blogged about it before on this site.


1 comment:

  1. nice ... glad to see him involved . . . and thanks for his astute assistance in your fabric shopping . . .

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for dropping by, and for dropping me a line.