Saturday, October 1, 2011

Pincushion Crazy 3

After two BIG pincushion trials - I think I went too small.  But cute.

I remembered some bean bags that I had made for the children years ago and I thought I needed four finished rectangles in a 2/4 ratio.  So I thought I would like the finished size to be 1 1/2 in by 3 in so I cut out a total of four rectangles (two of each colour)that were 2in x 3 1/2 inches


Laying the four rectangles our alternating colours in a cross, begin sewing turning corners as you go.  I found it was easiest to sew on the side with the 90 degree corner on top so I did quite a bit of backstitching on the other side and then flipping it over.  It got a bit tricky but in the end just keep trying to close it all in like a quasi box (but not).


I put in a bit of brown rice for weight and then polyester stuffing to plump it up.  It ended up really small...Maybe I should have cut the rectangles 2 1/2 x 4 1/2 inches.  Maybe next time.

Now I have lots of pincushions.  I am really pleased they look great.  Maybe I will just display them in a group...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for dropping by, and for dropping me a line.